Wednesday, April 11, 2012

6 Months Old...Which Means More Shots

Evelyn is 6 months old today! Time has gone by so quickly. Just this last weekend she started pushing up to her knees when shes on the floor. Then yesterday she started pushing to her knees then rocking back and forth! She's going to be crawling in no time.

Well yesterday was her 6 month baby well check. Of course she got another huge round of shots. Two in each leg and one in her arm. :( All in all she dealt with the shots pretty well. No adverse side effects, no ridiculous fussiness.



That's us before her appointment. She was her usual happy self. She had no idea what she was in for. 





Us wasting time before the doctor came in to see Evelyn. Since she's so mobile now she hated that I wouldn't let her get down and explore the floor. I tried, but she wouldn't stay on the blanket so I held her or let her lay on the examining table the whole time. She loves the camera though, so that used up a little of our wait time. 


This is back at home after a failed afternoon nap. I'm pretty sure her legs and arm were really hurting her and it woke her up screaming just 30 minutes after going down. We still had 40 minutes till daddy got home. It was a long 40 minutes! 


Nothing was making her happy at this point. Every time she was playing on the floor she would roll to her tummy and just cry because her arms hurt. So I broke down and gave her some baby tylenol. Which definitely helped. She was actually able to play around till dinner.  


After dinner we played on Nick & I's bed. Which she loves because she can scoot all around without it hurting her knees. Her favorite thing is climbing over to Nick and pulling off his glasses. After a little while she scooted to where I was laying and cuddled up with me. She was so tired from not really having an afternoon nap. She was fighting sleeping like crazy! 


Then finally she fell asleep! We cuddled for awhile till I woke her back up to do bedtime routine. I wish I got to cuddle with her more often, but she not much of a cuddler and never has been.  

Last night she slept till 8am! Which is unheard of for her. It's usually 7am or more than likely 6am. That's the only redeeming quality of shots day. 

I'm just glad her next check-up with include no shots! But it will mean she's 9 months old and I'm not going to be ready for that. 

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Awww I love this age.... It's weird that my baby was that little 5 years ago! They grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they do! I mean all these milestones she's hitting are fun, but I miss my tiny little newborn!

      Delete
  2. GREAT photos! I'm new here... love the feel of your site so far! I'm off to check out some more posts. Thought I'd say hi rather than lurk around. :) Have a great week, sugar! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Definitely have a look around, glad you're here. You have a wonderful week as well!

      Delete