Monday, June 11, 2012

Yard Work & Laundry

So we had a wonderful weekend! After not really having a weekend for 2 weeks it was so nice to be at home, hanging-out with my hubby and getting things done.

We spent all of Evelyn's nap times on Saturday doing yard work. We hadn't touched our yard at all this year, besides Nick's occasional mowing. We mulched around our lilac bushes in front, planted some flowers for our deck steps, mulched around the edge of our patio in back and added some lighting back there.

I'll tease you with this picture (more to come later). Not sure what the flower on the left is, but the ones on my stairs are petunias.
We ran out of mulch so it looks like next weekend we'll probably be doing much of the same thing. We also forgot to install the basement window well covers we've had for...2 years now. Sad, I know.When everything is closer to being done I'll post pictures.

Nick's new weed-eater should be here sometime this week. It's his father's day gift. Don't worry, he already knows he's getting it. I'm the worst for keeping secrets, plus I wanted him to know to make sure he'd like it. That will defiantly help in cleaning up the yard.

On Sunday we went to church in the morning, then spent the rest of the day doing laundry and picking up the house. Laundry is a never ending torture. Maybe this week I'll get all the clothes put away before it's time to do laundry again!

Well blog friends, how were all of your weekends? I'd love to hear about them! Do anything exciting?

bits of splendor monday
Linking up with Laura again! Go check out all of the other Bits of Splendor post!


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice just to have those catch up weekends? I love that, having no where to be and no time limits, ...aaahhh so glad you guys got that!

    ReplyDelete