Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July Recap

I look haggard, because I was exhausted! Evelyn had woken up 3 times the night before. She hasn't done that since she was 3 months old.
We had a very low key 4th of July. Part of that was because it's nice to have relaxing holidays and part of that is because Nick is still trying to get over the cold Evelyn gave him.


In the morning we met Nick's family for breakfast. It was nice to get to see them and I know they love getting to see Evelyn. We just sat around drinking coffee and chatting. Nick's sister even came. That was nice, because she leaves for a year on the 15th.


For the afternoon we hung around the house. Evelyn napped, we napped and I threw together the salad I was taking with us to my Aunt & Uncle's that night.



Every 4th of July since I was a little kid my family has always gone to my dad's sister's house for a 4th of July party. Now as an adult I'm taking my little family. There is always good food and plenty of fireworks. My aunt's neighborhood is always filled with people blowing things up and since it's a newer development the trees aren't very tall so you can see fireworks in every directions. It makes for a fun night.

Playing with her Grandma!
Luckily Evelyn isn't the least bit afraid of fireworks. We were a little worried that the loud noises would scare her, but she doesn't seem to mind it. By the end of the night she was even figuring out that after she heard the loud pop (from the shell firing out of the cardboard tube) to look up and see the firework explode. Sometimes her intelligence just blows us away.

All in all it was a great 4th of July. Next year hopefully we will all be healthy so that we can spend the afternoon at the pool!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment