Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Our Christmas Tree

Somehow even through the craziness of Thanksgiving weekend we managed to at least get our Christmas tree up. (The rest of the decorations stayed in boxes all over my living room for almost 2 weeks after that.)


Last year Evelyn was much too little to even begin to help put up the tree. This year she wasn't much help, more of a menace, but she sure did like looking at all the pretty lights and ornaments. At one point she even ran off with the star tree topper to get a better look.


Since our cats like to knock out tree over we decided that instead of putting the tree in our bedroom, like we did last year, we're just going to lock them in the basement whenever we leave the house. So far it's worked out pretty well. I'm not too sure the cats appreciate it, but it means far less of a headache for us.


So far Evelyn really only disrupted a few of the ornaments. There are a couple that are right at her height and easy for her to pick off the tree. She always brings them right to me like she's giving me some sort of gift. Next year hopefully we'll have less of an issue, because she'll be able to communicate better.


Now for a little baby #2 update. I had an appointment today and everything was perfect. My first 2 weeks of blood sugar readings we're so good that I now only have to test twice a day instead of 4. The little jelly bean's heart rate was in the upper 140's. My next appointment is in about 4 weeks and it's the big ultrasound to find our the baby's gender! I'm pretty excited to for that one.

I hope you all are doing well and staying warm! It's been pretty cold around here lately, but still no snow :( I'm pretty bummed about that. I'm still hoping for a good layer of fresh snow for Christmas!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. she is at such a fun age for enjoying this time of year yay!!! Cute pictures:)

    ReplyDelete