Thursday, December 6, 2012

End of October Till Now (Plus An Announcement)

Well friends I took a much longer break than anticipated  It was prompted by a little bit of writers block and a huge bit of life being hectic. I'm hoping to be back more regularly, but with Christmas coming up soon I may still be in and out over the next month.

I thought I'd just give a quick overview of what has been going on around these parts. Then I'll reveal the big announcement that I hinted at in my post over a month ago.

Since I pretty much stopped blogging right after Halloween I never had a chance to show off Evelyn's adorable costume. She was the cutest little duck around! We made a stop at each of the grandparents' houses to show her off and then made a quick stop at our friend's house.





On the 18th of November we had Evelyn dedicated at church. She had the prettiest little dress and was well behaved through the dedication. Thankfully they do it at the beginning of service so that she could go to the nursery during the sermon. I don't think she would have been as well behaved if she had to sit through the whole thing.


For Thanksgiving we had quite a busy day. We had lunch with my parents, sister, brother-in-law and niece and then had dinner with Nick's parents. Even though it was too big meals I managed to not over eat which is amazing, because I'm a big fan of Thanksgiving food!

A few days after Thanksgiving on the 24th my sister gave birth to her second child. Her name is London and she was only 5 lb. 6 oz. She's a tiny little thing even though she was only a week early. Her big sister Drew thinks she's pretty cool.

+ + + + + + + + +

Now for the announcement. The big reason why I've been M.I.A. from the blogging world for the last couple of months is because I'm pregnant again!



This time around I was feeling pretty sick during the first trimester. I actually got put on some anti nausea pills, because I was finding it hard to eat since I was so nauseous 24/7. They worked like a dream, but nothing helped with exhaustion and that's why I took a break from the blog. Chasing around a toddler and being pregnant is a lot harder than I thought it was going to be.

I'm due on May 31st. They were a little iffy on my actual due date since I got pregnant while I was nursing, so we got two ultrasounds in 2 weeks to just confirm everything. The first time there wasn't much of anything to see, but the second time there was a strong heartbeat and a little jellybean.

Unfortunately I have gestational diabetes again. They did the test around 12 weeks this time since I had it with Evelyn. So now I'm testing my blood sugar after every meal and right when I get up in the morning. I'm hoping that my numbers are good enough that I can go down to just testing after one meal and in the morning like last time. So while you're all enjoying your sugary treats this Christmas, I won't be. That's the only part I'm bummed about.

Just one day shy of 15 weeks.
Well there you have it. That's what I've been up to. I hope all of you are doing well. I'm hoping to blog about setting up our Christmas tree either this weekend or next week sometime.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Liza!!! I'm so excited for you both! Are you hoping for a girl or boy??-Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra! I'm hoping for another girl, mostly because that way we pretty much have everything we need already. Plus this one and Evelyn will have to share a room so it just makes that easier.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your little bean! :) What a blessing. I'm 8 weeks pregnant with my first and just had my first ultrasound a few days ago-so amazing to see and hear that little heart beat!

    PS. I'm loving your blog. I've been a follower for a few months but I think this is my first time commenting! Also I live in Omaha-so we're practically neighbors! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!! Congrats! I'm SO excited for you, girl. And I'm glad you're back to blogging. I've missed you! :)

    ReplyDelete