Thursday, August 30, 2012

So I'm Biting the Bullet

So I've been nominated 3 times in the past 2 months for the Liebster Award. I never do these kinds of things, because I feel weird nominating other people like I'm suppose to. Maybe it has to do with my shyness, I don't know. So I'm going to answer the fun questions and all, but I'm following what Michelle@michmash and not nominate anyone. It's only the answers you care about anyways right?!

I was nominated by Monica@Captivated By Love, Vanessa@Pure Joy & Adoration and Amanda@Bringing Up Allie. Go check all those ladies out. They're awesome!

The first thing I'm suppose to do is give you 11 facts about me.

1. I had this weird obsession with Elijah Wood after the first Lord of the Rings movie came out. I'm pretty sure I was in middle school at the time. I just thought it would be so cool if I could marry him, because then we'd have the same initials, E.J.W. I was young, silly and boy crazy.Good news is my hubby is way cooler than Elijah Wood, just sayin'.
2. This should be nothing new to all of you, but I have a pretty unhealthy obsession with donuts. I don't know why, but those things get me. I'm not much of a sweets person either, but donuts are a whole other category for me. Add sprinkles and I'm in heaven!
3. Before meeting my hubby 4 years ago I thought for sure I would be on the mission field somewhere by this point. Obviously God had other plans for me, but I'm content and happy with the life I have.
4. So we don't have TV. We have an actual television set with an X-Box360 & Playstation2 hooked up to it for video games, but we don't actually have any TV channels. Instead we (mostly me) get our TV fix via Hulu or other places on the internet.
5. I hate to admit it, but my favorite shows to watch are The Real Housewives and other ridiculous reality shows.
6. Most days I'm lucky if I put on make-up or do anything with my hair. Thankfully I've actually gotten in a better habit of washing my face in the morning even if I don't shower. That mostly only has to do with the fact that I've started breaking out like a 15 year old and I'm trying to combat that. It's just when I know I won't be leaving the house it's hard to put much effort into my appearance for Evelyn.
7. I was home schooled through 12th grade. All except for 2nd grade and a portion of 4th.
8. My best friend and I have been friends since I was 6 and she was 3. We became fast friends the summer after I moved into her neighborhood.
9. Upon first meeting my best friend mentioned above I thought she was a boy because she was all bundled up in winter clothes and had short curly hair. We laugh about it now.
10. I have a ridiculous fear of fish. I don't know why but they freak me out. I refuse to go snorkeling. Aquariums are ok, but only as long as it's salt water fish, fresh water fish are ugly and give me nightmares.
11.  As a child I watched my sister's VHS of The Littler Mermaid so much that it got stretched out just before the big fight between Ursula and Prince Eric. It would always break our VCR if I tried to watch all the way till the end, but I would still try it almost every time. I still love that movie and know all of the songs!


Now for the Questions from Monica@Captivated By Love
1. What is your dream day? Anything.. money is not a problem.
My dream day would probably include going to Disney World with my whole family. I just love Disney World and would love to go back there.
2. When you were little... what did you want to grow up to be?
Honestly I've always wanted to be a mom and homemaker growing up. For actual outside of the home careers I remember as a 4th grader I wanted to be a scientist/astronaut. Now thinking back that is just utterly ridiculous, because I loathed science class and I've never been very good at it. I find all that stuff interesting, but I could never do it as a job.
3. What is your favorite holiday and the traditions that go with it?
I'm going to be cliche and say Christmas. I just love it though. My family has always opened our presents up on Christmas Eve after church and then gone to my Aunt's house for lunch on Christmas Day. Now with our own family we do kind of the same thing. We go to my in-laws on Christmas Eve, do our own thing Christmas morning and then head to my Aunt's for lunch. We get together with my family sometime around there, but it's usually the day before Christmas Eve or the day after Christmas mattering on peoples schedules.
4. What is your least favorite chore?
This is hard, because I don't like quite a few. Least favorite would have to be vacuuming/cleaning the floors. It just drives me nuts and they never seem to be all the way clean.
5. What was the last thing you did for the first time?
Going shopping for a whole day with my husband's mom & aunts.
6. Where would you travel if you could go anywhere?
Europe, specifically England. It's always been a dream of mine to go there.
7. Favorite memory?
Umm...it's difficult to choose just one. The one that first popped into my mind was the day I found out I was pregnant. It's was so exciting and something I had prayed for for such a long time.
8. How did you come up with your blog name?
Since my intention was to just write about my life, it's just a culmination of what my whole focus of my life is. 
9. Do you stay up late or wake up early?
Both and it leave me tired. Usually I tend to wake-up early. I've always been a morning person.
10. What is your favorite restaurant... and the favorite meal there?
My hubby and I's favorite place is called Lazlo's. We always get their spinach artichoke dip and my new favorite mail course is their avocado salmon salad. It has all these delicious toppings, which include artichokes, avocados, onions and the most perfectly cooked salmon. Then it's topped with a creamy avocado dressing. It's to die for!
11. How was your first kiss with your hubby? 
Ha! Good...I'm going to leave it at that.


On to Vanessa@Pure Joy & Adoration's questions.

1. What movie could you watch over & over, and why?
Pride & Prejudice the BBC mini-series. It maybe 5 hours long, but I love it and it's so true to the book.
2. What's your ideal date night?
My favorite of our date nights are actually when we get take-out chinese and watch a movie in the basement after putting Evelyn to bed. Don't get me wrong I love when we dress up and go out, but there is just something about a simple night at home with just my hubby that I love.
3. When do you feel the most beautiful?
Whenever my husband tells me I am. He's constantly telling me how beautiful I am and it makes me feel so special.
4. What is your most favorite piece of clothing you own?
Ugh...I don't like much of my clothes right now. Still trying to deal with the changes done to my body due to having a baby. If I had to choose something I would choose this stripey cream & red sweater I got at Goodwill.
5. What is your favorite Scripture?
It has always been Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm, plans to give you hope and a future." That verse just gives such hope.
6. Do you dress up for Halloween, and if so, what ideas are you thinking of for this year?
I used to, but it's doubtful that it will happen this year because now I have a little one.
7. Who would you consider an awesome female role model in your life?
My mother. She has really taught me what it means to be a godly wife and mother. She's a great grandmother and one of my best friends.
8. What is your favorite food?
I love food, but I would have to say that any sort of carbohydrate is a favorite of mine. I love pasta, bread, rice, muffins. While I'm not a big sweets person, I am a carbs person. That was one of the hardest things about being diagnosed with gestational diabetes.
9. What's one thing you love about yourself?
Physically I love my eyes. I have bright blue eyes that I get from my dad. Evelyn has blue eyes that rival mine; they are so bright and blue. In other respects my favorite thing about myself is my fierce loyalty. I'm loyal to people almost to a default. It means I'm easily hurt by others' actions, because I feel it's a breech again their loyalty to me.
10. Early bird or night owl?
As I answered before I tend to be a bit of both, but I've always been more of a morning person.
11. What one goal have you set for your future?
My husband and I really want to be foster parents in the future. We're not sure the timeline, we're still just in the prayer step of it.


Last but certainly not least here are Amanda@Bringing Up Allie's questions.

1.What is something we don't know about you?
I have only lived without a cat for a very short period of my life. Short as in a month. Otherwise there has always been at least one cat if not more living with me; even as a baby.2.What is your dream job?
I have it! It's being a wife, mommy and homemaker.3.What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I would have to say the community that makes up the blogging world. I never would have thought how quickly I could make friends with some wonderful women through blogging. It's pretty awesome.4.If I could give you a plane ticket to anywhere, where would you go?
Europe, specifically England. (same as above)5.What's your favorite meal?
For at a restaurant see above. At home I love Chili & Cinnamon Rolls. It's a Midwestern thing, maybe even just a Nebraska thing. Chili with Cinnamon rolls is a must though! Can't wait till it's cool enough to make some.
6.Any pets?
Yes! 3 Cats and they are terrors!7.If you won $150,000 how would you spend it?
I'd pay off the rest of our house and do the few home-improvement things we're saving for. After that I'd probably pay for our whole family to go to Disney world.8.What is your favorite picture (please share it with us) and why?


For right now this is one of my favorites. (Even though it's old) I even have it printed out and on our wall. I don't know why it's my favorite, but she just looks so darn cute. Don't worry I'm sure I'll have a new favorite next week.
9.What's your favorite room in your house?
I really don't have a favorite, but I really like how Evelyn's room is decorated. Maybe after we paint our main room that will be my favorite.10.Tell us a little about your family...
I'm the youngest of 4 girls, but I came along so much later than the rest that I basically grew up like an only child. I have 8 soon to be 9 nieces and nephews, 5 of which are all from one sister. I have a great mother and father who knew all the tricks by the time I came around so I didn't even bother trying to get away with anything. I'm married to a pretty awesome man who has a sister and 2 wonderful parents. We have a beautiful 10 month old daughter. Our extended families are too big to really describe.11.What do you consider to be your best quality?
See above.
------------------------------------------

That took forever! Any of you that read all of that deserve a donut! Once I can figure out how to send one to you via e-mail you'll be sure to get one!

Hope everyone's week is going well! There is a 3 day weekend on the horizon and I can't wait!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. haha.. I love all your answers. lol.

    I rarely do my hair or put make up on either. lol. Its usually up in a messy bun and no make up with just another pair of yoga pants on. Cleaning, cooking, and taking care of the puppy seems harder all dolled up.

    have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun fun fun stuff! and congrats on thee award:)

    we have undoubtedly got to have donuts together someday!!! That is hilarious about Elijah Wood but I don't think you are alone on that one:o

    Always so good to get to know you more!

    ReplyDelete