Monday, August 6, 2012

Childhood Recipes

Having talked it over with some of my girlfriends, we all came to the consensus that our favorite cookbooks are the ones we grew up cooking from with our moms. It's the recipes in those cookbooks we can't seem to find anywhere else.


So I went on the hunt to find the cookbook my mom still uses for a lot of her basic recipes. It took a little bit, but I found one on amazon and it wasn't too expensive. Once I had it ordered all that was left to do was wait.

Our favorite cinnamon roll recipe.
You can bet that I was checking my e-mail like crazy wait for the conformation that the cookbook had finally shipped. Then once it had shipped I checked my amazon account constantly to keep up with the tracking info.

Today was the day that said it was out for delivery. My heart sank because I knew that I had missed the mail-lady while at the grocery store this morning. She won't usually leave packages unless they fit in the mailbox. Before I went out to take look I resolved that I would have to take a trip to the post office to pick up my box in the morning.

The yummy spritz cookies my mom makes at Christmas.
I was pleasantly surprised by the box containing my beloved cookbook sitting by my front door. I don't know why this time she could leave the package, but I'm not complaining! I brought the box inside, opened it up and began to examine the cookbook at once.

It's in pristine condition. Which is amazing since it was published in 1978. Obviously it belonged to someone who either didn't care to cook or just didn't realize how amazing the recipes really were.

I can't wait till it cools down a little more so that I can get back into baking!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Do you have a favorite cookbook? If so let me know what it is! I'm always in search of new delicious recipes.
bits of splendor monday
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. hhhmmmm i'm going to have to check it out, maybe at the library first...;)

    ReplyDelete