Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Recent Happenings

So there really hasn't been much going on around here lately. So I thought I'd just do a bullet point post of all the highlights of our lives here in Nebraska as of late.

(There will be a huge lack of pictures, because I'm absolutely terrible at remember to get out my camera. I take it everywhere, but it rarely leaves my bag. I'm trying to get better, but it's slow going.)

This is seriously the only picture we got from camping.
- We went camping with some friends for the first time in a long time this past weekend. The weather was wonderful, warm during the day and then chilly enough to need the fire at night. Surprisingly Evelyn did fairly well sleeping in the tent. She really only woke up once around 5:30am and that was because she was freezing cold. So we just pulled her into bed with us. There was only one downside, this drought we're going through is making my allergies jump into overdrive. The next morning I couldn't stand it, I was stuffy and sneezing every 2 seconds. Needless to say we packed up early and headed home. All in all it was a fun time with all our friends.

- After said camping excursion my house is a disaster zone! Thankfully I had some time this morning to at least get some of the camping stuff put away. The rest will have to wait till Nick is home, because it's putting things away on high shelves.

- Evelyn loves muffins. I don't love cleaning up the mess from her eating them. It's almost worth it though, because she looks so darn cute eating them.


- We have a climber on our hands! I was making dinner one night last week and turned around and saw this happening. Instead of stopping it I grabbed my camera. She had used a old popcorn tin we let her play with as a step stool to climb onto one of the living room chairs. The next day I found her doing the same thing on the couch. Now I make sure the popcorn tin is nowhere near any of our furniture.

- On Thursday of this week Nick and I will officially have known one another for 4 years. I have a special surprise planned and he has no clue. Good thing he doesn't really read my blog! I'm going to try really hard to get some pictures, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

- So speaking of Evelyn being a climber. I just found her sitting in a basket of laundry. She had somehow managed to climb into it without knocking it over. When this girl can walk it's going to be pure chaos around here.

- Tomorrow I'm going shopping with Nick's mom and all of her sisters. Also his cousin is coming and bringing her little boy whom I haven't met yet. I'm excited even though I don't really have anything to buy. It should still be fun.

Well I hope you all are doing well. Why not let me know a couple of the highlights from your life! I love to hear about them.

bits of splendor monday
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment