Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Decor

Since tomorrow is Valentine's Day I thought I'd take the time to show you my Valentine's decor. The camera I have isn't the best so the pictures are sub-par, but whatever!


The picture on the left (Sorry it's so dark, like I said not the best of cameras.) is a pipe-cleaner heart garland that I made after Katie over at the parenting saga posted about making one here. Her's is much cuter then mine. I like the shape of her hearts better. Overall I think mine turned out cute and it gives our kitchen a little valentine's day touch.

The center picture is my console table that sits behind our couch. It's the first thing you see when you walk in our front door. That little heart bowl used to be filled with conversational hearts, but my husband has finished them off long before valentine's day.

The right picture is our dinning room table. I got the red candles super cheap at Hobby Lobby, because technically they were Christmas candles. Oh well, they still work and they smell nice. I used to have my table runner under the candles, but it got spilled on and never made it back to the table.




















These are the pictures I made for my bookcases. The one on the left is just a scrapbook paper heart on black card stock. The framed LOVE on the right I made by tracing a wall hanging I have. It was kind of a pain to cut out, but it ended up looking nice. Look more of the super cheap Hobby Lobby candles!

I know Evelyn is still too young to notice, but I would like to get in the habit of decorating for different holidays or seasons. I figure if I start now it won't be such a daunting task farther down the road.

I'm hoping to post again tomorrow. I have a special post all planned out. Hopefully Evelyn will let me!




No comments:

Post a Comment