Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My Reality

So I felt like I wanted to be real with everyone. I used to be a full on perfectionist. My home had to be in order. My life had to be in order. Everything had to be perfect or I felt like my life was spinning out of control.

Those expectations are hard to live up to. They left me feeling stressed and run ragged.

Once I had my daughter everything changed. I never had a spotless house. I was stretched thin & barely holding on. (Doesn't sound like an orderly life to me!) I was drowning and something had to change.

So here is a glimpse of my new reality.





That's my dirty kitchen. Oh and those are my piles of laundry. Over there are the toys scattering my living room.

I no longer want to paint this picture of perfection that I used to hold on to so tightly. I want to be real. Open and vulnerable.


I'm still not quite there yet. It stills panics me when my kitchen has dirty dishes in it. I can only look at a basket of unfolded laundry so long before I just need to fold it. I'm trying though. I'm trying to lay that perfectionist side of me at the foot of the cross. It's hard though. It's fighting the very nature of my being.


These words are encouraging:

"Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you; 
He will never allow the righteous to be shaken."
-Psalm 55:22 (NASB)

So here's to being real! 

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome! This is something I really had to deal with when I got married. My husband is a bit messy, and I'm much more of a neat freak. I had to learn to pick my battles and take a chill pill in order to eliminate many fights :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious post. I tried to paste a link to a post I wrote about this subject concerning my grandchildren.... I couldn't get my iPad to paste it :(. If you go to my blog, the post is called "Dirty Troughs" It's in the January archives.
    Www.honeyholden.blogspot.com

    Ps. Everyone of us in boggy world could take pics like yours of our houses! Mine for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely go find that post! Thanks for following me!

      Delete