Monday, January 30, 2012

Best of Intentions

So I had the best of intentions when I decided I wanted to work out 3 times a week. The first week went by and I worked out twice because Evelyn started teething and was a pill. Second week went by and I still wasn't really working out because I got sick. Third week I didn't work out at all and I don't even have an excuse for it. Here I thought I can do this, I can devote 30 minutes 3 times a week to working out even if it's just a walk around the neighborhood. Guess I was wrong.

Looking back this is how it always goes for me. This happens in all areas of my life not just exercising. Commitments to get my daily devotional time on track, commitments to prayer, commitments to taking care of my house. They all start out with a heart full of good intentions then fizzle out not long after.

I want to break this cycle. I can't tackle them all right now though. I think the best plan of action is to get my daily time praying and reading my bible (or going through a devotional book) back on track. I need to make that a habit before I can begin on all the other stuff. If I have time for all the other stuff great! But first and foremost I need that time with God. I know that if I can get that area of my life back where it should be then the rest will fall into place.

Maybe I'm just a little on the depressed side today. I don't know. But all of this has just got me down. For right now though I'm going to try to focus on the positive and look for the joy God has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment