Tuesday, February 14, 2012

14 Things

So today is Valentine's Day. Honestly I've never been one to really celebrate Valentine's Day. I mean Nick and I would usually do something special. Though getting married young and not having much expendable income meant that usually it was just a special dinner at home. Before Nick I never celebrated Valentine's Day except with my girlfriends, because I never had a special someone.

Now being parents to a 4 month old means that this year is pretty much like any other year. We are having a lovely dinner from the wonderful Trader Joes! Complete with cheesecake, because Nick loves it. (I'm not much of a fan.) Sounds like a good night to me.

I thought since it's Valentine's Day which is of course February 14th I'd write a post filled with the top 14 things I love about my hubby. There is of course more than 14 so I'll try to narrow it down! No one else probably cares about this, but I don't care. It gives me a chance to focus on the specific things I love about my hubby and I must admit I don't do that enough. So here it goes.

14. He & I can have extremely deep conversations & in the next moment be silly and goofy. I've always loved how we have had this ability to really talk and talk for hours. We also have this amazing ability to just be goofy. That leads to my next love.

13. He lets me beat on him and tickle him when we're playing around. I can get kind of rough when we are play fighting with each other. I've been known to give a few bruises from time to time. Yet he still lets me beat on him time and again with only minimal complaining.



12. From the moment we met we've enjoyed spending all of our free time with each other. I love how we have the ability to spend so much time with each other and not get annoyed with the other one. It's been like this since we started dating. (Which was 6 days after meeting, by the way.) We're inseparable and I wouldn't have it any other way. We're truly each other's best friend.

11. He's rarely ever angry. Even when we're fighting he generally stays completely calm. I unfortunately tend to land toward the other extreme. (It's something I'm working on.) I know this will come in handy once our kids have the ability to talk back.


10. He treats me like a princess. For example, this last week I was sick. He took such good care of me the whole week. He gave in to my needy wants. Even when he started to not feel well he didn't let it show and continued to focus on taking care of me. Not only that, but he tells me how much he loves me and how beautiful he finds me every day. Multiple times a day! I'm getting pretty spoiled.

9. He has an amazing work ethic. Right now he's only working a temp job out on the Air National Guard Base, but he puts his all into it. When someone else might just do what they have to get by he is busting his butt making sure he's doing the best job he can. I think that's one reason why it is so hard for him to still be unemployed. He wants so badly to be putting his all into a job that is permanent, but right now he's stuck working temporarily.



8. His mind is filled with random facts. He has tons and tons of random facts just floating around in his head. A couple that we've talked about during the last week were, "Why are manhole covers round?" and "Why is up on a light switch 'on'?". I don't know how he remembers all of this stuff!

7. He is extremely respectful. Not just of me, but of everyone he comes in contact with. He refuses to judge people. Again something I wish I was better at. A lot of the things I love about him happen to be things I wish I was better at.

6. He gives sound advice. I am constantly going to him for advice. If I'm upset by how someone is treating me he's the first person I talk to about it. He talks me down from being upset by helping me to see that they probably didn't mean it the way I'm taking it. (I tend to be a bit sensitive and only see things from my point of view.) Or he helps me figure out what I should do in any given situation. His advice seems always to well meant, coming from the right place and taking into account what God's Will might be in that particular situation.

5. He wants to better himself. He is defiantly striving to be the man God wants him to be. Whenever we have a fight he always asks me how he might better handle that situation in the future.

4. He asks for my advice. He always asks for my input even when he doesn't have to. He makes me feel like you genuinely cares about my opinions. Being the youngest of 4 girls there has been many a time when I felt like my opinions didn't matter, but Nick makes sure I never feel that way.

3. He's quick to forgive. Here's another one of his attributes that I wish I was better at myself. I hold on to something till I physically can't anymore. Not Nick, his first instinct is to apologize. He doesn't hold grudges and always lets things go. I'm trying to do the same, but old habits die hard.



2. He's an amazing father. For having never really held and infant before, you never would have known it. He instantly because an awesome father the moment Evelyn was born. Seeing him with her has made me fall in love with him all over again. I respect and love him on a whole new level.

1. He has an amazing passion for God. Nick has come such a long way since we met. When we met he didn't even believe in God, now 3.5 years later he is on fire for God. I have so much to learn from him, especially in the area of trusting God in all circumstances. I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful man as my husband. God certainly has blessed me more than I could imagine.


Well there you have it, my 14 things I love about my hubby. Surprisingly that was easier then I imagine it would be. (That kind of sounds bad, oh well!)

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment