Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Productivity


So I used to be an extremely productive person. I had lists. I usually accomplished everything on those lists. I even had time to do things I love and still accomplish the tasks on my list.

Then I had a baby.I was extremely disillusioned that I would have time to get things done while still taking care of my baby. My husband would probably tell you I was disillusioned with a lot of things when it came to having a baby. That's a story for another day!

Maybe I just have an overly needy baby. I don't know. It just always seemed like I could never put her down for more than 10 minutes to get something done. I don't even want to admit how many times I've gone without a shower or even changing my clothes out of my pj's.

Thankfully that has changed for the better. I won't say that too loudly for fear that Evelyn will hear me and go back to her neediness.

I think the many reason for the change is this little huge guy.


Evelyn loves this thing. She can stand, which she loves to do. She can chew on things, also a happy pastime of her's.

Now I'm not a huge fan of the enormous size of it. It is going to have to be a regular fixture in our living room till she out grows it, because it doesn't fit through our hallway or doorways for that matter. I can get over that though. This beautiful thing allows me time to get dishes done or prep dinner or even just spend a little time talking to my husband in the evening without Evelyn having to be the center of attention. Now I can be productive again!

Thank you In-law's for the early Easter present!

Also the fussiness/not sleeping has subsided. Low and behold her first tooth broke through the gums on Sunday. I have that little bugger to blame for my cranky baby. So there is peace full nights sleep in our house once again. At least until the next tooth decides to make it's appearance and mess everything up. As is life with an infant.

I'm linking up with Laura@Bits of Splendor  for her Bit of Splendor Mondays. I know it's Tuesday, oh well!

bits of splendor monday

No comments:

Post a Comment