Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Courage in Waiting

"Wait for the LORD; 
Be strong and let your heart take courage;
Yes, wait for the LORD."
-Psalm 27:14 (NASB) 

The words of David in this Psalm speak directly to me. I'm being reminded of this concept of waiting on the Lord from every direction; from what I'm reading in God's Word, from fellow blogger posts, from pretty much everywhere. 

Yet I find this to be a constant struggle of mine. 

I'm also finding that it's not just a lack of patience like I always assumed it was. No, instead I'm finding it has more to do with me not just letting God be God. I find myself waiting for Him to do things my way, not His way. Somehow thinking that I know what is best and God is just my means of getting what I want out of life. 

This is a very sobering realization to come to. 

God right now is teaching me something. He's teaching me that I need to fully trust in Him and His timing. That I need to through aside my plans and let Him take the reigns. 

When I really sit down and think about it, I don't know that I have ever fully let God take control of any certain situation. I've always held on to just a little of it, however minute. Praying for things to work out my way. Not just letting God be God. 

I want my heart to take courage like David wrote. I want to have courage in waiting for the Lord, not anxiety or frustration that things aren't working out the way I would have them work out. I want my strength and courage to come from trusting that God's timing is best. 

This my prayer:

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight."
-Proverbs 3:5-6 (NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment