Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow, Snow, Snow

It's quite snowy outside and that's probably an understatement. After braving the roads last night for the first night of gymnastics I was glad that today I would get to just stay at home.

Today is one of those kind of days where you want to just wrap up in a blanket, read a good book and sip hot coffee all day. Unfortunately today and Thursday are my only days this week to get any house work done. And since I have errands to run Thursday today becomes my day to clean and pick up.

When it snows like this I wish I still had the hopeful eagerness I had as a child whenever it would snow. Because even though I was home schooled if public school got a snow day my mom would usually let me get by not doing as much schoolwork so that I could play with my friends. So every time there was the least bit chance for snow I would pray for a snow day.

Snow days always meant hanging-out with my best friend Caitlin (We're still best friends to this day). Her family had a fire place so on snow days the fire was always going. We'd play in the snow then come inside and sip hot cocoa in front of the fire. Lots of times we got to bake something or make snow ice cream. Caitlin's mom usually made us help her with some chores everyone once and awhile, but mostly we just got the day to play.

Now snow days just mean that I'm stuck at home so I should use my time wisely. The only thing similar to my childhood snow days is that I still love to bake when it's snowy outside. Something about having a home filled with the smell of yummy baked things on a snowy days just seems right.

I'm off to do that now. Dust then bake!

No comments:

Post a Comment