Wednesday, February 2, 2011

No More Wrinkly Hands

Since last Thursday I have been washing dishes by hand. Our ancient dishwasher which hadn't been working well for the last few months finally decided to die on us. Which though an inconvenience was kind of a positive thing, because it meant we had to get a new one now instead of waiting.


Our Sad Broken Dishwaher

Wasn't it a beaut! Circa 1989, ha.


So last Saturday we drove up to Omaha to Nebraska Furniture Mart. We first looked at a few places here in Lincoln, but we knew we could find something cheaper there. Also it was an excuse to go to Nebraska Furniture Mart. I've never been there, but always wanted to. It's huge! But anyways. We looked and the one we got was actually the 2nd one we saw. It was being discontinued so it was quite a bit on sale. Plus it was stainless steel which is what I wanted.

Nick started the install process Monday night while I was at work. But he didn't get very far, because getting the old dishwasher out was more of an ordeal then he anticipated. And he needed a part. So for another day I had to wash dishes by hand. This time though I had to boil what because our hot water was turned off to the sink! It wasn't that bad though. It felt like I was camping.

The Hole.

All of the dishes I washed with water I boiled on the stove. It took awhile.

Last night Nick was able to install the new dishwasher. His dad dropped off the part he needed in the afternoon so Nick had everything he needed. It took him awhile, but he finally got it. So now there is no more washing dishes by hand. Except for my nice pots that is.

Here it is. All new and shiny.

I think it looks great!

I know I said I wasn't going to post on Wednesday, but because of this crazy storm we've had here in the Midwest I didn't have to nanny today. But I still have to teach gymnastics so I'm off to get ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment