Friday, June 25, 2010

Yum!

So last night I made the best dessert ever! It's called Snickerdoodle Cake. I never knew there was such a thing. I love snickerdoodle cookies and the cake tastes just like them, but more moist.

I don't make dessert often. I try to watch what I eat so I don't like there to be sweets or junk food in the house. But after I found the recipe I had to give it a try right away.

I'll share the recipe here. I'm a member of allrecipes.com. They have both free and paid memberships. I'm just a free member. I find recipes for dinner on there all the time. It's great!

So here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
- 2 c. white sugar
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1 c. milk
Topping:
- 4 T. white sugar
- 4 T. brown sugar
- 1 t. cinnamon
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 13x9 in. pan.
2. In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt and one teaspoon cinnamon.
3. In a large bowl cream together 2 cups sugar and shortening until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Alternately add milk and flour mixture in three stages each, mixing well after each addition.
4. In a small bowl mix together 4 tablespoons white sugar, brown sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
5. Pour half of the batter in you pan, sprinkle on half the topping, pour the rest of the batter into the pan, top with the remaining topping.
6. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.


I used my mixer the whole time and it worked perfectly. It's a very easy cake to just throw together and the ingredient will just be in your pantry and fridge anytime. I think this recipe is defiantly worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment