Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Let's Give This A Go

I'm fairly new to the whole blogging thing. Well kinda...not really. I've tried it a couple of times in the past only to either get bored of it after awhile or to just forget about it entirely after the first post. I'm hoping this time could be different and I could keep it up. We'll see I guess.

I guess I should say a bit about myself (though I don't know who will be reading this but me) to start. Well I've been married now for a little over a year. Our wedding date was May 16th, 2009.


It was a beautiful day and a beautiful wedding. We got married in a same bed & breakfast with only our closest friends and family there. (About 50 in all) I actually wanted to elope, but my husband didn't think his family would be all too pleased. So we settled on a very small intimate wedding.

Everyday I thank God for bringing my husband into my life. I've changed immensely since meeting him and I've seen an enormous change in him as well. The biggest of which being his becoming a believer. We haven't known each other for all that long. Only 2 years in August, but for some reason with Nick it doesn't seem to matter. I feel we are the true definition of soul mates.

My life is fairly ordinary. I work 3 days a week (one of which being a 12 hour day on Wednesdays), I take care of our house and I take care of the cats. (We have three). My goal for my life is to be a stay at home mom/homemaker. Hopefully sooner rather than later that will happen.

The goal of this blog for me is to just document my feelings, thoughts and happenings of life. It's called Preparing for Eternity, because for me that's what I'm living for here on earth. I'm striving to live my life the way God intends me to, knowing that my life belongs to him.

Even if no one reads this but me, I feel like this is just a good outlet for all the thoughts that rush in and out of my head everyday. Some of which I'll want to remember, but without writing them down I'll forget. I've never been much for journaling so I'm hoping blogging will be a better option. We'll see I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment